1896 is the date of this map of Holdings'ford & on the west side of Two River River & Wardville on the east side.
Lot's of little tidbits here. Note the school [the 1st] on the corner of what is now the intersection of County roads 9 &17. There were 2 Main Streets at the time. On the corner of Plymouth & 2nd St was the Union Evangelical Church built in 1896. St Mary's Catholic Churcg was on the west side built in 1885
1894/02/19,Name of post office Changed to HoldingFord on east side of river (Wardville)VALENTINE BATZ Postmaster
Tags: Holdingford small cities history Minnesota History Stearns County History